Sociological Research Online publishes book reviews across the entire spectrum of sociological interests and concerns.
We welcome reviews of the titles listed below, as well as proposals for reviews of other titles.
You can find our latest book reviews in our current issue.
If you'd like to review for us, please send a request to the Review Editors at sro.journal[at]britsoc.org.uk with the details of your preferred book and a brief outline of your background in the subject area.
Current Books for Review:
- After Capital
- Bourdieu and Social
Movements - Ideological Struggles in the British Anti-Capitalist
- British Social Theory: Recovering Lost Traditions before 1950
- Caravans: Lives on Wheels in Contemporary Europe
Hege Høyer Leivestad
- Celebrity, Aspiration and Contemporary Youth: Education and Inequality in an Era of Austerity
Heather Mendick, Aisha Ahmad, Kim Allen, Laura Harvey
- Midwifery, Childbirth and the Media
Luce, Ann, Hundley, Vanora, van Teijlingen, Edwin (Eds.)
- Misdemeanorland: Criminal Courts and Social Control in an Age of Broken Windows Policing
- Responsible Research Practice: Revisiting Transformative Paradigm in Social Research
- Squaring the Circle on Brexit: Could the Norway Model Work?
John Erik Fossum and Hans Petter Graver
- Teaching Transformative Life Skills to StudentsBidyut Bose, Danielle Ancin, Jennifer Frank, Annika Malik